Cutton mouth basically known as mouth ulcers, is a common problem faced today by everyone. It can be painful and hamper your ability to eat & speak. It can be a sign of nutritional deficiency in body. The cutton mouth are usually round or oval sores that commonly appears inside the mouth on the:
What Are the Symptoms of Cutton Mouth?
- An open sore in mouth or on lip
- Pain around the sore area
- Tenderness in the affected area
- Difficulty in swallowing
Cutton mouth sometimes can be caused by certain medical conditions also which includes.
- Viral infections including cold sore virus, chickenpox and hand & mouth disease.
- Vitamin B12 or iron deficiency which provide required follicles to body.
- Injury in mouth
There Are Various Types of Cutton Mouth or Ulcers a Human Can Suffer.
- Minor ulcers: These are very small in size and takes up to 10 to 14 days to heal. These could happen while chewing or eating something in mouth where skin inside the lips come in between the teeth.
- Major ulcers:These are bigger in size as compared to minor ones. They are deep inside the skin and takes several weeks to heal. They can leave scars once they are cured completely. It usually occurs due to improper digestion or consumption of oily food on a regular basis.
- Herpetiform (Herpes) ulcers: This kind of ulcers are formed due to some Herpes virus. They are tiny in size, irregular in shape and usually appears in clusters up to 100 in numbers. It is caused due to deficiency of vitamin B-12, folic acid or iron in body.
Usually, problem of cutton mouth is seen more in women as compared to men. The women body suffers with stress or anxiety, hormonal changes during monthly period. The cutton mouth can be treated through home remedies or doctor medicines. You can get the best health tips as suggested below.
Read Also –
- Most Extensive and Finest Product of Biotique Toner for Dry Skin Review
- Grab the Best Eyeliner for Waterline
- Top 5 Best Eyeliner for Beginners UK 2019
The Suggested Home Remedies.
- Honey: It possess antibacterial properties. It prevents mouth from becoming dry & keeps it moist. And keep the area infection free. It can be applied as raw or you can mix it with pinch of turmeric. Gently rub it on effected are, it helps in healing faster and reduces swelling.
- Mulethi powder: It has been used in Ayurveda for long and is the best natural medicine. It helps in curing cutton mouth. It can be mixed with water or with honey to be consumed. It is the remedy helps in cleaning stomach and flushing out toxins from body.
- Triphala:It is an ayurvedic herbal powder consists of Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. Mix it in water and gargle with it once in a day. Hold it in mouth for 1 to 2 minutes and then spit it out. It has a strong anti-inflammatory property and heals the cutton mouth fastly.
- Mishri& Camphor: It is another home remedy where you need to grind it and apply it on the mouth ulcers. It reduces the swelling and pain. Usually, mishri is known as mouth freshner and is the best constituent to heal the cutton mouth.
- Ghee or Coconut oil: Its an old age remedy and working since your grandmother times. Apply desi ghee or coconut oil on the cutton mouth and leave it for few minutes. Spit it out and rinse mouth properly. It calms the pain and reduces swelling.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Although it tastes but it is the simplest homemade remedy. Drink 2 to 3 times in day as it has natural inflammatory properties to get relief from pain. It heals stomach and prevents from acidity issues.
- Tulsi Leaves: Tulsi have been known for its medicinal properties since old times. It is advised to chew some tulsi leaves and drink water to gulp it down. It can even be boiled and gargle it for 2 to 3 times in a day. It tastes good and to gain maximum benefits do it regularly.
- Clove Oil: Rinse the mouth with warm water before applying to make the effected area clean. Apply clove oil with cotton 2 to 3 times in a day. Its antimicrobial properties help in healing the cutton mouth effectively.
The ingredients for most of the home remedies can be finding in the kitchen. Cutton mouth usually gets cured within one or two weeks but if it becomes more painful, see a doctor.
What to Eat During Cutton Mouth?
Many kinds of foods can be included in diet when suffering from cutton mouth, to get relief from pain and infection. Foods can be consumed:
- Eat vegetables like cabbage, tomatoes, green leafy, potatoes and broccoli. The seasonal vegetables are nutritious for body and helps in fighting from infections.
- Drink vitamin C and calcium rich sourced food like cold milk, yogurt and citrus fruit juices.
- Eat seasonal fruits like banana, apple, papaya and grapes for better digestion and keeps the stomach clean.
- Eat food which contains vitamin B like eggs.
What Not Eat?
It is advisable to let mouth and stomach recover when suffering from cutton mouth. Foods and drinks to be avoided:
- Tea, coffee and packed drinks.
- Oily and spicy food.
What Causes Bleeding Cutton Mouth?
Cutton mouth known as ulcers is caused due to an infection and if the infection has increased, it leads bleeding from gums or ulcers.
Although cutton mouth takes approximately 8 to 10 days to heal. By using the home remedies listed above, fastens the healing process and provide relief from pain. To achieve the best results, boost immune system by consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. This will help your body to fight from infection.
Cutton mouth could be infectious and painful. It could be harmful as it occurs due to food deficiency in body. With timely treatment it can be cured easily and if it increases, it is advised to see a doctor sooner. The risk of developing cutton mouth can be decreased by avoiding certain foods, reducing stress or anxiety and brushing teeth with a soft bristled brush.